Jollof spaghetti originates from jollof rice and there is no party you’ll attend without jollof rice to be eaten. It is common to prepare jollof spaghetti with tomato stew or paste but it’s more delicious, tasty and nutritious when you add vegetables.
I love spaghetti so much that I can prepare it in many ways with little changes in ingredients. This recipe on how to cook jollof spaghetti with vegetables is one of my favourites and I’ll like to share with you.
How do you cook your spaghetti? Maybe not as delicious as mine, lol, you can only get your answer after trying this jollof spaghetti recipe.
How to Cook Jollof Spaghetti With Vegetables
- Vegetable Oil
- Fresh Tomatoes (chopped)
- Tomato paste
- Green Pepper/ Tatashe (chopped)
- carrots (chopped)
- Spring onions (chopped)
- Green Beans
- onion (chopped)
- Meat or Chicken stock(you can use water)
- Scotch bonnets/atarodo (chopped)
- Curry Powder
- Dried Thyme
- Salt to taste
- Put some water to boil, add little salt and oil. Then add Spaghetti to parboil for few minutes and strain in a sieve.
- Put the tomato paste in a bowl, mix with water to form puree and set aside.
- Heat up your pot or pan, add oil and allow to heat up.
- Add chopped onions and tomatoes, and fry for few minutes.
- Now add the chopped green pepper, spring onions, carrots, scotch bonnets and green beans. Allow to fry for 2 minutes.
- Then pour the tomato puree; Add curry powder, dried thyme, seasoning and salt. Leave to fry till the oil floats.
- Add stock or little water and allow to boil.
- Add the parboiled Spaghetti and mix well, then leave it till the water dries up.
- Turn off the burner and leave to simmer for few minutes.
- Finally, your jollof spaghetti is ready. Enjoy!
Try this recipe and share your experience in the comment box below.