You might have noticed when you hard boiled eggs that the yolk are not looking pretty and the shell takes time to peel off. Don’t give up on boiling or eating eggs; just follow the preparation method I’ll be explaining on how to make hard boiled eggs that peel easily.
Do you know the reason to add salt when hard boiling an egg? This is to prevent the egg from cracking and also to increase the temperature of the water, the salt added will not affect the flavor of your egg, it helps to solidify the proteins inside and make it very easy to peel.
Note that older eggs are easier to peel than fresh eggs and do not overcook your eggs to avoid getting dark green colour around the yolk with sulphuric taste.
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs That Peel Easily
1. Place the raw eggs in a pot; add cool water to cover the eggs.
2. Add salt
3. Place the pot on burner at high temperature, cover the pot and leave till it reaches a boil.
4. Turn off the burner and leave the eggs inside the covered pot for 12 minutes.
5. When it is exactly 12 minutes, remove the eggs from the pot and transfer to a bowl of ice cold water and leave to cool down for 5 minutes.
6. Carefully crack the eggs and peel.
7. Eat immediately or store in a refrigerator for not more than 3 days.