Nigerian Egusi Soup
Nigerian Egusi Soup is made from melon seeds and can be eaten by anyone. People make it in different ways but trust me you will enjoy it better when you try this recipe. You can eat with eba, amala, fufu, pounded yam or semolina.
Grinded Melon seeds
Grinded Fresh Tomatoes, Fresh Pepper and Onions
Maggi/ Knorr Cubes
Chopped Pumpkin leaves, bitter leaves, or spinach
Salt to taste
1. Boil the meat to get your stock.
2. Add little salt and water to the grinded melon seeds to make a paste and set aside.
3. Place a pot on burner, add enough palm oil when it is dry and leave till it is hot.
4. Add the grinded fresh tomatoes/fresh pepper/ onions / maggi and little salt. Fry for few minutes
5. Now pour the paste and turn with spoon for 2 minutes
6. Add chopped vegetables, let it simmer. Then put your meat, pomo, fish and meat stock.
7. Mix all and leave to simmer for few minutes, then it is ready.
8. Serve with eba, amala, pounded yam, semo or fufu.
Here is List of Common Nigerian Foods and Soups
If you have problem making amala, check how to make amala