Nigerian Ila Elegusi Asepo
Nigerian ila elegusi asepo (Okro Egusi Soup) is just a little different from ila alasepo with the mixture of egusi, the grinded melon seeds.
2 cups of chopped okro
2 spoons of Palm oil
Minced Red bell pepper
2 pieces of Smoked fish
Fresh or dried prawns
Water or meat stock
Cooking potash (Kaun)
2 or 3 cubes of maggi/ knorr
Half cup of grinded crayfish
1 cup of grinded melon seeds
Salt to taste
Locust beans (optional)
1. Put a pot on burner and pour your water (or meat water) and cooking potash, leave it to a boiling point.
2. Add crayfish powder, meat, maggi/knorr, palm oil, smoked fish, prawns, the minced pepper and salt.
3. Leave it to simmer for about 10 minutes and you will get a tasty soupy combination.
4. Add the chopped okra and stir.
5. Leave it to simmer 3 minutes.
6. Sprinkle the grinded melon seeds into the soup and leave for 2minutes.
7.Then your nigerian ila elegusi asepo is ready.
See More Recipes Below