Health Benefits of Onions : Skin and Health
Health Benefits of Onions; Onions are common vegetables that are widely used. They are found in bewildering array of recipes and their preparations. They are usually chopped to use as ingredients or grinded to food recipes. It is rear to have a recipe without the onions. It is one of the oldest edible food sources known to mankind.
Onions are used in traditional medicines since ancient times for its health promoting and curative properties. Intake of raw onions in form of eating and drinks is better for optimal benefits.
Health Benefits of Onions
1. Onions are used as treatment of wounds, acne, and skin wrinkles. The raw juice of onions is also good for all kinds of bacterial infections on the skin.
2. They can be used as treatment for sexual impotence.
3. Syrup of an equal amount of honey and onions juice treats cough, asthma and other respiratory disorders.
4. Onions have also been shown to have a significant blood sugar lowering action.
5. They can also provide considerable relief for those suffering from burning sensation during urination.
6. They also prevent tooth decay and reduce toothache.
7. When you apply onions juice mix with turmeric on face this will help you to remove dark pigments and patches.
8. They help to eliminate worms in the stomach of small children.
9. If you are bitten by a honeybee. Apply onions juice on the area for immediate relief from the pain.
10. Those bright green tops of green onions are rich in vitamin A, make sure you use them often.