Garden egg sauce is made up of majorly garden egg and palm oil with other ingredients. Garden egg is a very good source of dietary fiber, manganese, potassium, copper and thiamin (vitamin B1). It is also a good source of vitamin B6, foliate, magnesium and niacin. It is also effective in weight loss, lowering blood cholesterol and eye pressure in glaucoma. To make garden egg sauce, you can use any available type of garden egg; you can eat with boiled yam, boiled unripe plantain, potato or boiled rice.
10 big garden eggs
2 Knorr/maggi cubes
Salt to taste
1. Remove the green stalk from the garden eggs and rinse. In a pot, boil the garden eggs whole for about 10-12 minutes till soft.
2. Peel the water proof skin of the garden eggs, pound in a mortar till it becomes smooth.
3. Pour the garden egg puree into a clean pot and cook till all or almost all the water dries up. Set it aside.
4. Pour the palm oil into a clean dry pot and heat it up. When the oil is hot enough, add the onions and fry for about 2 minutes.
5. Add the garden egg puree, smoked fish, knorr/maggi cubes, locust beans, pepper and salt into the pot. Stir and leave to cook for about 10-15 minutes. Then your garden egg sauce is ready.